Thank you!

We are so thankful for the support we have received for this trip. God has used your monetary gifts, your donations, and your prayers to do amazing things in our hearts and in the hearts of the people we came in contact with. We are so excited to share the things we did in Kenya. Stick around and browse our stories and pictures!

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hannah's thoughts


First of all, I loved Africa. The whole experience was amazing.

Cousins at scenic overlook in Kijabe
Making chipote at children's home
Before Africa, my relationship with God was okay, but I was kind of just going through the motions. I read my bible and did devotions but I didn’t feel totally connected to him. This summer I prayed that God would help me to get closer to him.

The first night when we got to the Hill, Micah fell and split his lip open.  We didn’t know what to do. When my parents took Micah to the hospital, my aunt and the rest of us prayed together for Micah. I was really scared and had a hard time just trusting God.  I remembered a service we listened to during Winter Extreme (our youth retreat). The pastor talked about how God has a plan for every situation and how we have to trust in him and let him do what he has planned. This really helped me to let God do his thing. And it let me know that God had a plan for us.
Day 1: Micah with 2 stitches above his lip

The next day, we got to see Micah. It was hard seeing him hurting.  It really helped me when I went up to the Children’s Home because the kids just brought so much joy and hope. We did crafts with the kids and it was so much fun to see them smile.

Two days later, Micah got an infection in his stitches. He had to go back to the hospital and get it taken care of. I was really afraid of the unknown. God became really real to me then. He put Jeremiah 29:11 in my head which is:

 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

I felt a huge connection with God again and then I understood that he had a plan for us and that this happened for a reason. God had answered my prayers to bring me closer to him.

Hannah
Caleb and Micah with the doctor 5 days later

No comments:

Post a Comment